Some families are made in the heart!

Monday, November 7, 2011

I abobt it, Momma

My all time favorite store is Hobby Lobby.  I could, and have, spent hours just walking around that place.  So, now it has become one of Daylen's most comfortable stores....meaning....he knows what I expect of him when we walk into the building.  And he is very obedient.  He knows not to touch, to stay close to me, to ask before he looks at something, when Mom says "STOP" he freezes, and if he is REALLY REALLY good, he might get to pick a toy out of the $1 bin. 
The last time we were there he did exactly what was asked of him.  So, like promised, he got to pick a toy out.  Today's choice was a chunky, little, red and blue dump truck.  He held it close to his chest as I paid for our purchases and we walked out to the car. 

I strapped him into his seat and began emptying the cart when I heard him whimpering softly.  After I got everything tucked away, I opened his door to check what the issue was. 

I quickly noticed that he was playing with his dump truck.  I asked him what was wrong.  With his eyes squinted and the corners of his mouth forced downward he said, "bump tuck sad."

"Why is the dump truck sad"
"Hims house." As his chubby little finger pointed to the Hobby Lobby building.
"Does the dump truck miss his house?"
"Ye'th"
"Do we need to take the dump truck back to his house?"
A couple seconds of silence
"No Momma, I Yuv him, I abobpt him" As he pulls the little truck into his chest and hugs it to himself.
"Oh, You will adopt him and take care of him?" Said through choked back tears and cracking voice.
"Ye-th" with a wide bright smile.

I climbed into my seat and pulled out the box of Kleenex's from the glove compartment.  So, much joy was busting within me at that moment!  For three years we have told him, he is loved, we adopted him because we loved him, we loved him from the match call, we love him, he is adopted and he is loved, he is loved, he is loved, he is loved...And at that very moment by him saying, "I Yuv him, I abobpt him"  he told me that it is all sinking in. ................even if it is through a $1 bump tuck!


No comments:

Post a Comment