Some families are made in the heart!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vacation

My favorite, favorite, favorite vacation spot is Maui, Hawaii.  If I was given a two weeks, endless amounts of money and anywhere I wanted to go...it would be Maui.  Last year, in the midst of a hectic day, I text a girl-friend and asked her how much a trip to Hawaii would have to be for her to say,  "lets go".  We had a good laugh over it and passed by.  That night I told Brian about the "joke" and to my complete SHOCK, he seriously shot out an amount.  I looked up from my dinner plate and clarified, "So...you are saying, if I find a package for $ you would be ok with me going?"

"Yea....but the next time we go to a tropical spot it has to be Bahamas".........(I am going to pause here and tell you this.  For his HS. Senior Year trip, Brian's class took a cruise and spent a day in Freeport, Bahamas.  Later in college, his roommate was from Nassau, Bahamas.  And ever since our honeymoon on Maui, he had kidded me about the Bahamas being prettier)..........

So, need-less-to-say, I went to Maui with my friend, and almost the second I got home, I started researching The Bahamas.  My plan was to surprise Brian for his 40th birthday.....but.....considering we both needed to update our passports, and we both needed to be there to get Daylen's passport...things just were easier if I told him. 

I tell you all that to tell you this....I am beyond excited to go on this vacation with my two guys.  It's not that we have not gone on vacation together...we go every year....but I think it's a combination of things.  Daylen is so excited to ride in an "airpane" and "swim with the dophins" he asks almost every day if we are going yet.  AND seeing Brian getting excited about going is VERY exciting for me. 

A little back ground on Brian.  He is a very laid-back, kind, selfless, patient, man.  He NEVER asks for things for himself, so seeing him getting excited about something planned for HIM, makes this WAY fun. 

As Moms, we spend so much time making sure our children are having fun, healthy, fed, happy, etc.  We don't "forget" our husbands, but we don't pay as much attention to them.  Let's take some time and do something ONLY for our husbands.  Maybe a trip, maybe their favorite dinner, watch one of their "too stupid it's funny" movies.

Just because they don't "demand" our attention as our children do, doesn't mean they don't need it.

So....I will report back and let you know if Maui or Nassau, Bahamas has better beaches!   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment